Tuesday, March 1, 2011

No-Sew Fabric Flowers Week (#2) - Simple Layered Flower

I hope you enjoyed yesterday's no-sew flower! Today I'll share with you a simple layered flower. I'll apologise in advance - I forgot photos for a couple of steps! Let me know if anything is unclear!

You will need:
  • Scrap fabric
  • Scrap lace ribbon
  • Coordinating fabric covered button
  • Hot glue gun


First, cut a circle of your scrap fabric. You could trace a lid or something, I'm a slacker so I cut a square, fold the square into half and then half again, and cut a curved edge.


If the corners are a bit pointy or uneven when you open it up, just trim them until it looks nice and round.

Put a small dab of hot glue in the centre of your circle, then quickly hold the circle in quarters (I'm bad at explaining this step - see the photo below!) and pinch the centre so the glue holds.


This gives the circle a bit of volume and shape.

Put another dab of glue in the top centre of your fabric circle and add your ribbon. Add it by holding your ribbon strip in a loop, and pressing it down into the glue. Press the ribbon in place until the glue dries enough to hold it.


Add another dab of glue to the centre of the lace and press your fabric covered button in place.
(I love fabric covered buttons!)


Optional: Turn your flower into a brooch!

To do this you will need a coordinating felt (or fabric) circle and small rectangle, and a brooch back.


Run glue around the edge of your felt circle and press it onto the back of your flower until the glue holds it in place. Run glue down the back of the brooch and press it to the centre of the felt circle. Pop some glue on the back of the small felt rectangle and press it onto the brooch back. 

It should now look like the picture below:


Ta-da! You're done! 
Now you have a beautiful layered no-sew fabric flower!




5 comments:

Brycie @ Reenie Jae Creations said...

Love the LACE! I actually have some lace I was going to use for flowers too! Very CUTE, cute, cute!

bry

reeniejaecreations.blogspot.com

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

You definitely should! I'd love to see how yours turn out!

Unknown said...

Oh I love fabric flowers! Thanks so much for linking up!!

Natalia Lynn said...

Love this! I will have to try it as I don't have a sewing machine. But I do have a glue gun! I found you on Eisy Morgan linky. Cute blog!

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

Thanks for the lovely comments! You should definitely give it a go!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, they make my day! Please let me know what you think or any ideas you have for me, I would love to hear them!

Before you comment - are you a 'no-reply' blogger? If you are, I can't email a reply to your comment! I really would love to be able to! If you want to change this, go to your dashboard, click "Edit Profile", tick "show my email address" and save!

I'd really love to be able to email you back! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...