Saturday, March 5, 2011

No-Sew Fabric Flowers Week (#6) - Super Simple Embroidered Fabric and Tulle

Today is the last No-Sew Fabric Flower tutorial! I hope you've enjoyed them all! I decided to wrap it up with a very simple but very sweet flower.

What you need:

  • Embroidered or otherwise textured fabric (thin/sheer works well)
  • Tulle
  • Metallic button
  • Hot glue gun


What to do:

Take a large square of your embroidered fabric and fold it in half, then half again (familiar with my dodgy technique yet? ;)) This time we want to cut a slightly different shape though, this diagram helps explain:


In the diagram above, you want to cut away the green bits and keep the purple bits

You should end up with this:


And when you open it up, it will look like this:


Make two of those. Pop some glue in the centre of one, and glue the other on to it, but offset the pieces so that the petals of one overlap the gaps between the petals on the other, like in this diagram:


Next, cut three circles of tulle.
(Recognise this photo from earlier? ;))


Pop a largish dab of glue in the centre of your embroidered flower. Pinch the centre of a tulle circle so you end up with a rough cone shape, and push the point of the cone into the glue. Hold it until it stays, then repeat with the other two tulle circles.

It should look like this:


Pop a bit more glue into the centre of the flower and press your metallic button into the glue until it holds.


Finito! A delicate flower. I think I'll put this one on a headband, it's one of my favourites!

I hope you enjoyed no-sew fabric flower week! 



12 comments:

Brycie @ Reenie Jae Creations said...

Okay, THIS is my favorite one!

Bry

reeniejaecreations.blogspot.com

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

Hehe, it is pretty cute! It's between this one and the "carnivale" one posted yesterday for me!

Jennifer said...

Love it!

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Rissa, I love that flower! I've got to try it!

Unknown said...

I love it! I really like how you used the embroidered fabric. I seem to have a lot of that.... I'll have to try this! The button just pulls it all together. Thanks for sharing! Check out my blog at http://chicaesartistica.blogspot.com/

Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) said...

This is such a cute flower!

Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} said...

this is so cute!!!

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

Those look amazing! Thank you for sharing. Don't forget to join me for More The Merrier Monday and link up all of your great projects.


http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

Kelly @livingcraftilyeverafter said...

This turned out so cute!!!! Stopping by from Skip to my Lou!

I am having a flower headband giveaway on my blog right now and would love fo you to stop by and enter!

http://livingcraftilyeverafter.blogspot.com/2011/03/drum-roll-please.html

Kelly

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

Thank you so much guys! I love getting all of your encouraging comments!

It really was super easy, give it a try and if you do - link it up here too so I can see it! (Link in the menu bar :))

I'm heading off to check out all of your blogs now <3

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking up at Make Something Mondays! Hope to see you again next week!

-Sarah

AllieMakes! said...

Great tutorial! Great job!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie last week! I can't wait to see what you have for this week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, they make my day! Please let me know what you think or any ideas you have for me, I would love to hear them!

Before you comment - are you a 'no-reply' blogger? If you are, I can't email a reply to your comment! I really would love to be able to! If you want to change this, go to your dashboard, click "Edit Profile", tick "show my email address" and save!

I'd really love to be able to email you back! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...