Thursday, March 3, 2011

No-Sew Fabric Flowers Week (#4) - Ribbon Flower


Today's flower is super easy and looks very cool!
(At least, in my humble opinion ;))

You will need:

  • Two coordinating ribbons - one thick, one thin
  • Two buttons - one large, one small
  • Hot glue gun

What to do:

Cut three strips from your thin ribbon.


Pop a dab of glue in the middle of a piece of ribbon, and fold one edge to the middle. Hold it in place until the glue dries.


Pop another dab of glue on the edge of the newly folded in ribbon end. Fold the other end of the ribbon to the middle as well. Hold until the glue dries. 


Repeat these steps for all three strips of ribbon.

Pop a dab of glue in the centre of the first ribbon "bow" and glue one of the other bows to it. Repeat for the last bow, so you have something resembling this:


Now, cut three short strips from the thick ribbon. I used a lacy ribbon.
Glue them together the same way as you did the thin ribbon bows.


Glue the thin ribbons onto the thick ribbons.
Glue the large button to the top centre, so you've got something like this:


Looking pretty snazzy already! Finish it off by gluing the small button onto the large button.


Easy peasy, and cute as!


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness! I love it! How easy and cute! Great job!

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

Thanks so much Jennifer!

Anonymous said...

So pretty - you make it look so easy! I will have try this! Thanks for visiting my blog & the follow, I am following you right back!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, they make my day! Please let me know what you think or any ideas you have for me, I would love to hear them!

Before you comment - are you a 'no-reply' blogger? If you are, I can't email a reply to your comment! I really would love to be able to! If you want to change this, go to your dashboard, click "Edit Profile", tick "show my email address" and save!

I'd really love to be able to email you back! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...