Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Whip It Up Wednesday: Black Forest Cupcakes

Last week I shared a yummy recipe for Chai flavoured cupcakes and promised I'd share the other nommy cupcake recipe shown here:


So without further delay, here's the delicious recipe from our Complete Cupcakes book for Black Forest Cupcakes - yum! These are my man's favourites, and he's the cook in our house so they must be good ;)

Ingredients:
Cupcakes:
* 1/3 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup caster sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 cup sifted self-raising flour
* 1/4 cup milk
* 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
* 1/4 cup morello cherries, drained and chopped

Topping:
* 1 cup whipped cream
* Morello cherries, drained - one for each cupcake
Optional - grated dark chocolate to decorate

What To Do:
1) Pre-heat oven to 160 C (320 F)
2) Use an electric mixer on high speed to cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3) Add egg and mix well.
4) Add flour, milk and cocoa powder and beat with an electric mixer on medium until well combined. 
5) Stir in cherries.
6) Divide mixture evenly between 12 cupcake papers in a cupcake pan and bake for 18-20 minutes.
For mini cupcakes, use 24 mini cupcake papers and bake for 10-15 minutes.

You can tell the cupcakes are done when they are risen and firm to the touch. Allow to cool fully before icing.

Top each cupcake with whipped cream and a Morello cherry and enjoy!!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

My hubs would die if i made these...so I can't wait to try! LOL =D

Jennifer said...

Yummy!!! May I ask what caster sugar is?

Unknown said...

Ooooh yummy! I love black forest cake!

The Single Nester said...

Those cupcakes look delicious! I am sure they taste delicious too!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, they make my day! Please let me know what you think or any ideas you have for me, I would love to hear them!

Before you comment - are you a 'no-reply' blogger? If you are, I can't email a reply to your comment! I really would love to be able to! If you want to change this, go to your dashboard, click "Edit Profile", tick "show my email address" and save!

I'd really love to be able to email you back! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...