Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Whip It Up Wednesday: Chai Flavoured Cupcakes

A few weeks ago it was my man's birthday, and so he had to take birthday cake to work. Since he'd been bragging about how awesome his cupcakes were, his work mates insisted that he bring some. 

Yuuuuuummmm!

He made two types, today I'll share the recipe for his Chai Flavoured Cupcakes! Next week I'll share the other. I loooove these! The recipe comes from Complete Cupcakes, we take no credit for it, but it is delicious!

Ingredients:

Cupcakes:
* 1/4 cup chai mixture (Indian spiced tea)
* 1/4 cup hot water
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup caster sugar
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1.5 cups sifted self raising flour
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon nutmeg

Topping:
* 1/4 cup raw sugar
* 2 tablespoons warm water
* cinnamon sugar
You could decorate with star anises too, but we didn't.

What To Do:

1) Preheat oven to 160 C (320 F)
2) In a small bowl, add hot water to the spiced tea mixture and leave for 15 minutes. Strain and set aside. Actually, we use 3-4 chai teabags and steep them in the 1/4 cup hot water for a while and it works out great.
3) In a medium-sized bowl, lightly beat the eggs, add butter and sugar, and mix until light and fluffy.
4) Add milk and flour and stir to combine. 
5) Add remaining ingredients and beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes, until light and creamy.
6) Add chai tea mix and stir through.
7) Divide mixture evenly between 12 cupcake papers in a cupcake pan and bake for 18-20 minutes.
For mini cupcakes, use 24 mini cupcake papers and bake for 10-15 minutes.

You can tell the cupcakes are done when they are risen and firm to the touch. Allow to cool fully before icing.

To make the topping - combine raw sugar and 2 tablespoons of warm water in a small bowl and mix. Spoon onto cupcakes then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.

YUM!




Linking it up to the Month Long Cupcake Party!
A whole month of cupcakes? Sounds too good to be true! 
  Cupcake Month!


6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yum! I love cupcakes of any kind!! And Happy Birhday to your Honey!!

Jill said...

Oh they do sound lovely! I've never tried chai flavoured cakes, but I do make a fruit cake where the fruit is soaked in tea!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Welcome said...

so yummy@! chai is my favorite!

Angela Osborn said...

I LOVE chai! Thanks for sharing this recipe, they look delicious!

glamourpuss said...

Yum, yum, and more yum!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love chai and these look very tasty!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, they make my day! Please let me know what you think or any ideas you have for me, I would love to hear them!

Before you comment - are you a 'no-reply' blogger? If you are, I can't email a reply to your comment! I really would love to be able to! If you want to change this, go to your dashboard, click "Edit Profile", tick "show my email address" and save!

I'd really love to be able to email you back! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...