Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Whip It Up Wednesday: Sequin Christmas Baubles!

YAAAY! I can finally give in to my Christmassy feeling! :D

Honestly, I usually dread Christmas because it's so BUSY and I get stressed out, but this year I've decided to chill out, take it easy and I'm SUPER excited! I've been in a Christmas mood for weeks - crazy!

So, here's my first of many Christmas tutes - sequined tree baubles!
I remember making these in primary school, so they bring back memories!

So pretty...!

You Will Need:

* A Styrofoam ball
* Sequins
* Pins
* Ribbon 




What To Do:

These are pretty straight forward and you really can just pick up a ball and pinning sequins on whichever way you like, but I'll share my approach ;)

First I use some ribbon to section the ball. I wrap one length around the whole circumference of the ball, pinning at the top, bottom and half way down each side (4 pins total), then repeat with a second piece of ribbon at a 90 degree angle to the first so the ball is sectioned into 4 parts, like so:


Then I fill a section with sequins! Pin them on, overlapping each sequin slightly and making sure they are tucked under the ribbon so you don't see any white. You could also paint or colour in the Styrofoam before pinning to be extra sure the white was covered :)
  

Since I've got 4 sections, I did two in red and two in green.



Nearly done! Just take a piece of ribbon, tie a knot in it and pin the knot to the top of your bauble.


Hooray! A sparkly, shiny, pretty and best of all handmade Christmas bauble!

Merry Christmas!


4 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

Rissa, these ornaments are so pretty! Thanks for the tutorial. My daughter would love to make these!

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

YEAH - a Christmas post!! These look BEAUTIFUL!! I am your newest follower. I'd love for you to follow me back, if you want to =-) I wanted to invite you to link up at my linky party TGIF - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties - Beth =-)

Carrie said...

Beautiful!! I remember my mother had made these when I was a baby and we always hung them on the tree. Thank you for sharing at Crafty Moms Share!

Whit said...

That is so cool. Thank you so much for linking up to last weeks show and share. Make sure to come back and link up this week with your latest project.

A mommy's life...with a touch of yellow
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, they make my day! Please let me know what you think or any ideas you have for me, I would love to hear them!

Before you comment - are you a 'no-reply' blogger? If you are, I can't email a reply to your comment! I really would love to be able to! If you want to change this, go to your dashboard, click "Edit Profile", tick "show my email address" and save!

I'd really love to be able to email you back! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...