Monday, December 13, 2010

Failed Birthday Present - Cute Idea Though!

One of my friends is having her 21st very soon, so I decided I'd make something a little special for her. I thought about making a fabric necklace, because they're almost fool proof so I couldn't stuff it up! But I decided no, I'd better make something a bit more dressy since it's an important occasion.

So I made this:
Front view

Back view
And didn't like it. I still like the idea, but the implementation wasn't great. Basically, I cut little pretty bits from some of my favourite fabrics and glued them into some of those lovely Tibetan silver frames, a little varnish, then added some pretty Swarovski crystal dangles. I think it just looks too casual when worn, which is great and all but not what I was going for.

So, modification time. I altered it to this instead:
Front view

Back view
Much happier with this. Simple, elegant, pretty! Yum! So, I wrapped it all up with her other bits of presents and had it sitting there happily waiting for the party.

Unfortunately, I'd forgotten that this friend is allergic to silver...

*face palm* 

Luckily, we just happened to be talking about jewellery before her party and she reminded me of this, which of course sent me in to panic mode! Luckily I managed to make a fabric necklace (oh, back to Plan A now are we?) in time and with sufficient sparkle to keep everyone happy :)
Recognise this from an earlier post, anyone?




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, they make my day! Please let me know what you think or any ideas you have for me, I would love to hear them!

Before you comment - are you a 'no-reply' blogger? If you are, I can't email a reply to your comment! I really would love to be able to! If you want to change this, go to your dashboard, click "Edit Profile", tick "show my email address" and save!

I'd really love to be able to email you back! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...