Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Whip It Up Wednesday: Nutella Cupcakes!

I've been addicted to Pinterest lately, a lot of the time I've spent has been pinning yummy foods that we can have at our engagement party - whoo! In my hunting, I found a recipe for Nutella Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing - can anyone say YUM?? I absolutely LOVE Nutella, I could eat it all day!

Now, I will openly admit that I've only just started cooking in the last few months (the shame of it all..!) and so these are the very first cupcakes I have ever cooked in my entire life! And they are YUMMY!

Can you believe I actually cooked and decorated that?
On my own?
Without any help at all?

I take no credit for the recipe of course, you have to go and visit Tartelette for that! Helene's version is gluten free but I made the flour version - mine were a bit heavy because I misread the instructions and included cornflour when I shouldn't have. Boo! They were still yummy though!

Here are the ingredients you need for the plain flour version (note the lack of cornflour ;)):

Cupcake Batter:
125g unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground coffee
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 cup Nutella
2 large eggs
200g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt

Cream Cheese Icing:
(This icing is diviiiiiine! I love cream cheese based icings!)
250g cream cheese
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar
60g Nutella

Instructions:
It's only fair that she get credit for her awesome recipe!

Please ignore the cupcake in the top-right corner - I stuffed the icing up on that big time!!

I made some little tiny cupcakes that I cooked for only 15 minutes, and big ones that I cooked for 25 minutes. I think both sets could have come out a bit earlier though.

Update: At my fiancĂ©'s request (wow, I have a fiancĂ© now!) I made these again - without the cornflour and they were PERFECT. I only made mini ones and 15 minutes of baking was spot on. Of course, it may vary depending on your oven!

Happy cooking!


1 comments:

Kellianne said...

Nutella is MY FAVORITE--can't wait to try some!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, they make my day! Please let me know what you think or any ideas you have for me, I would love to hear them!

Before you comment - are you a 'no-reply' blogger? If you are, I can't email a reply to your comment! I really would love to be able to! If you want to change this, go to your dashboard, click "Edit Profile", tick "show my email address" and save!

I'd really love to be able to email you back! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...