Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Whip It Up Wednesday: Crepe Paper Poinsettias

I originally found these sweet Crepe Paper Poinsettias on Martha Stewart's website and now I love them! You'll love them too because they're just SO easy to make!

What You'll Need:
* Crepe paper
* Wooden skewer
* 3 small beads for the centre

Scissors and a glue gun


What To Do:
Cut a diamond shape from your crepe paper. Mine is kind of square-like... :-/ Diamonds are better ;) Also, try to make sure the grain of the crepe paper goes from top to bottom (again, unlike mine!) as this will make twisting and shaping your petals much easier.


Bunch your diamond in the middle and give it a twist to hold it in place. Make 3 of these.


Don't you love my imperfect petals? Oh dear! But actually the flower turns out really well anyway, these are very forgiving! Glue your three sets of petals together like so:


Glue three beads in the centre of your flower:


Now we're going to attach our poinsettia to a wooden skewer. 
Grab a small rectangle of crepe paper and your skewer.


Run a strip of glue along the bottom edge of your rectangle and then roll it around your skewer. 
You should end up with something like this:


Use your scissors to make three snips in your crepe paper, then pull the edges back


Place glue on each of the three 'tabs' you've just made, then press it into the back of the poinsettia.


Now you're done! Nice work ;D



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, they make my day! Please let me know what you think or any ideas you have for me, I would love to hear them!

Before you comment - are you a 'no-reply' blogger? If you are, I can't email a reply to your comment! I really would love to be able to! If you want to change this, go to your dashboard, click "Edit Profile", tick "show my email address" and save!

I'd really love to be able to email you back! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...