Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Guest Tutorial! ~ Coffee Table to Entry Bench ~ By Macey of Olivia Renn



My name is Macey, and I am the creator of Olivia Renn.


I am the proud mother of 2 beautiful boys, the wife of a loving husband, and founder of my local Mom's Club. The Olivia Renn blog has been a great outlet for me to direct some of my creative energy in a really fun way. I find myself constantly thinking of different ideas to try out and show all of you my results. Some things are inspired by other great crafting blogs, and others come out of my crafty little head. Please follow me or leave a comment if you like any of my crafting projects, and definitely send me a link if you have a blog of your own.  

Here's the supplies you'll need: 
Coffee Table 
Fabric 
Batting 
Nails and or Furniture Tacks 
Hammer 
Paint (maybe)


I started off my painting the legs of the table 
(they were going to be the only thing showing after it was covered)


Here's what the top looked like before. It was pretty damaged, 
but now that's it's covered you would never know!


Then I took the legs off.


I started wrapping the batting around the legs first,
since I thought it would be the hardest part to get smooth.


I nailed it into the table to keep it in place.
Oh, I must mention I had a little help...


...oh and don't worry, I took the gas can away :)


Anyway, back to the project. I put the legs back on and covered the rest of the table in the batting.


 Once the whole thing was covered, I brought it on the house. I figured the house was a nice clean spot to layout my fabric and cover it. I forgot to take pictures of this part, sorry. But here's what I did.

I laid out my fabric on my kitchen table, wrong side up. (which was the easiest place for me with the kids around)

I turned the coffee table upside down on the fabric. Then I did the same thing like I did with the batting, kinda pull and nail. This time I used upholstery nails, just so it looked a bit more finished. I made sure the fabric was nice a tight (not too tight though) just enough so there's very few or no wrinkles in it.


Thank you so much for having me today, I hope you come check out my blog!




Thanks so much for the wonderful tutorial Macey!


1 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is fabulous! Not sure if I'm brave enough to try myself but love that it used to be a coffee table!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, they make my day! Please let me know what you think or any ideas you have for me, I would love to hear them!

Before you comment - are you a 'no-reply' blogger? If you are, I can't email a reply to your comment! I really would love to be able to! If you want to change this, go to your dashboard, click "Edit Profile", tick "show my email address" and save!

I'd really love to be able to email you back! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...